Equal Access To Healthcare Program
PRC is pleased to present the Equal Access to Healthcare Program’s second annual report
This year’s report showcases program outcomes and successes, and also provides practical advice to consumers and service providers on how to navigate complex healthcare systems. One of the major features in this year’s report is a map of all the ADAP enrollment sites in San Francisco including contact information for each site. The report also includes a list of helpful phone numbers and a section on the recent changes to the AIDS Drugs Assistance Program and the Office of AIDS Health Insurance Premium Payment Program.
We hope this report serves as a helpful tool to consumers and providers alike in our community!
ADAP/OAHIPP Update (Effective March 1, 2017)
As of Wednesday, March 1, the California Department of Public Heath (CDPH) has terminated its contract with A.J. Boggs for AIDS Drugs Assistance Program (ADAP) administration.
The termination of A.J. Boggs does not require any action from ADAP clients.
- CDPH now directly provides
- ADAP eligibility and enrollment services and
- the Part D Premium Payment Program
- Magellan Rx will continue to administer pharmacy benefits. Current pharmacies will not change.
- Existing clients can call Magellan 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at (800) 424-5906 with questions or issues related to medication access at the pharmacy.
- Pool Administrators, Inc. (PAI) will administer:
- Medical Out of Pocket Claims and
TIPS FOR RESOLVING PHARMACY ISSUES
- Contact your ADAP Enrollment Worker to support problem resolution
- Ask the pharmacist to call Magellan Rx Client Services regarding pharmacy network or benefits questions at 1-800-424-5906
- Call CA Office of Aids ADAP Call Center & Data Processing Unit with any questions at 1-844-421-7050
IMPORTANT PHONE NUMBERS
- CA Office of AIDS ADAP Call Center & Data Process Unit 1-844-421-7050
- Magellan Rx 1-800-424-5906
- Pool Administrators, Inc (PAI) Fax 860-560-8225
For questions or help, please contact your ADAP enrollment worker or Positive Resource Center at 415-777-0333.
PRC is now an ADAP and OA-HIPP Enrollment Site
Positive Resource Center now offers enrollment and recertification assistance for the AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) and the Office of AIDS Health Insurance Premium Payment program (OA-HIPP).
ADAP and OA-HIPP provide assistance with paying prescription co-pays and health insurance premium payments. HIV-positive individuals making less than $60,300/year may be eligible for assistance. Couples and families may also be eligible, as income rules depend on household income and size.
HIV-positive San Francisco residents may access services by calling 415-777-0333.
Equal Access to Healthcare Program
Positive Resource Center’s EAHP aims to identify and overcome barriers to healthcare access for San Francisco’s HIV-positive community. All HIV-positive San Francisco residents are eligible for our services, which are completely free of cost. We strive to provide culturally appropriate services to our clients, and our team includes attorneys and advocates fluent in Spanish and Mandarin.
Types of Services
Advocates provide brief consultation and advice to eligible individuals and service providers on healthcare access issues. Common issues include problems with the following programs:
- Covered CA
- Private insurance/COBRA
- AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP)
- Office of AIDS Health Insurance Premium Payment Program (OA-HIPP)
Advocacy and legal representation is available for eligible individuals facing more complicated health access issues that cannot be addressed through brief consultation.
Outreach and Community Education
EAHP provides healthcare access-related outreach and trainings to community service providers. Training topics include Medi-Cal, Covered CA, Affordable Care Act, and ADAP/OA-HIPP.
For consultations and questions, please call: (415) 777-0333.