Mission & Values
Positive Resource Center (PRC) is a community-based 501(c)(3) non-profit whose mission is to assist people affected by or at risk of HIV/AIDS through culturally appropriate counseling, education, training and advocacy. As a result, our clients can make more informed choices that maximize available benefits and employment opportunities.
Our values, together with our mission statement, guide our work. They are used to address issues that arise within the agency, both in ongoing operations and in strategic planning.
We aspire to provide service that:
- gives clients the knowledge needed to make their own choices;
- serves all clients in a culturally appropriate way;
- utilizes a harm reduction and client-centered model, emphasizing one on one relationships;
- is easy to access.
We aspire to be an organization that:
- is culturally competent and diverse at the volunteer, staff and Board levels;
- respects and seeks participation from all agency stakeholders, including people living with HIV, in all areas of the organization;
- operates at all levels with accountability, honesty and integrity.
We aspire to meet the needs of all persons affected by or at risk for HIV including:
- people of any gender identity or sexual orientation;
- immigrants, regardless of immigration status, and people with limited English proficiency;
- people who are incarcerated, ex offenders, people with dependents, people of color, people with mental or physical disabilities including the deaf and hard of hearing, women, youth, seniors, sex workers, active drug users, and people in recovery.